What you, the candidate for Confirmation in the Year 2 (Eighth Grade) class, need to do:
- Fully participate in class. It’s going to be awesome.
- Hand in your Baptism and First Holy Communion certificates if you received these Sacraments at a parish other than the Cathedral.
- Choose a Confirmation Saint and write a short paper (minimum 1 page, Times New Roman font size 12, 1 inch margins, double-spaced) about the Saint, how he/she has influenced or inspired you, and why you are choosing this name
- Write a letter to Bishop Cote (who will be celebrating your Confirmation Mass)
- Choose a Confirmation Sponsor
- Complete the Affirmation of Sponsors form if your sponsor is not a parishioner of the Cathedral of Saint Patrick
- Attend Community Service Days
- Attend the Confirmation Retreat
- Pray. Ask for help. Be open to others. Be kind to one another. Pray.